Friday, April 27, 2007

Sew what?


jewelry case inside
Originally uploaded by genegrl1.
What happens when you totally fuck up something? Once in a while you get something really cute. I wanted to try my hand at sewing a cosmetic bag. I found this tutorial online that seemed easy enough. Instead of printing it out or having it nearby to glance at, I went by the seat of my brain...not the greatest idea. Of course, let me remind you I cant sew or cut straight, never have I sewed in a zipper, or really have any common sense. So I went on about doing it. I made a template, all nice and straight. Cut it. Instead of that thing you put in, cant think of the name, i put in batting to give it a puffy feel. The pieces came out all different sizes. no problam, i'll think of something. It took a few tries to get the zipper right. Then I forgot the next step. Did I go and look for the answer, hell no. I made shit up. So in the end instead of a cosmetic bag, I got a jewelry case. I dont know, but I really like. Some days it pays to fuck up.




No comments: